Spencer Davis had never raced at Texas Motor Speedway before, but most people would not have known that based on his performance Friday night at the 1.5-mile oval. Davis started fourth, led seven laps to start the second stage of the race and brought his JBL/SiriusXM Tundra home in ninth place.
Stage One Recap:
- Davis started fourth and ran in the top five much of the first stage.
- A caution shortly before the end of Stage One brought him to pit road for right-side tires.
- He was up to seventh when the stage ended, but once the trucks which had not pitted earlier cycled through pit road, Davis moved into the lead.
Stage Two Recap:
- Davis started the second stage from the lead and paced the field for seven laps until he was passed by his KBM teammate, Todd Gilliland.
- He settled into fourth until a caution on lap 75. He told the team his Tundra was pretty neutral, so he pitted for four tires and a slight air pressure adjustment.
- He returned to the track 11th since six trucks opted not to pit. He was 11th when the stage ended on lap 80, but when the other trucks pitted, it moved him up to fifth.
Stage Three Recap:
- Davis started the final 87-lap stage in fifth.
- He was up to third by lap 114, but became loose and fell back to eighth with 40 laps to go.
- Since he was unable to finish the race with the fuel he had, a caution on lap 150 helped allow Davis to pit for four tires, fuel and a track bar adjustment.
- He was seventh with 10 to go, but another caution with seven to go slowed the race. He had trouble on the final restart and finished the race in ninth for a solid top-10 finish.