Kyle Busch hoped to celebrate his son Brexton's third birthday in Victory Lane, but two pit road penalties and a very tight No. 51 Cessna Tundra dashed his chances. Despite the obstacles, Busch rallied to finish second for the second-consecutive race.
Stage One Recap:
- Busch started fourth based on owner's points since qualifying was canceled due to rain.
- From the start of the first 30-lap stage, Busch told the team his Cessna Tundra was "plowing tight," but remained in third place
- A caution on lap 21 for debris brought Busch to pit road for four tires and adjustments so he could stay out when the stage ended at lap 30.
- He ended Stage One in sixth place.
Stage Two Recap:
- Busch was fifth when the next 30-lap stage began on lap 39.
- He worked his way up to second by the caution for the end of Stage Two on lap 60.
- During his pit stop, the team was penalized for crew members going over the wall too soon. The penalty forced him to start at the back of the lead lap trucks for the final stage.
Stage Three Recap:
- Despite restarting mid-pack, Busch worked his way back toward the front of the field.
- Since teams could not run the 74-lap stage on fuel, Busch pitted under caution on lap 83. Once again, the team incurred a penalty for having crew members over the wall too soon.
- Busch was sent to the tail of the lead lap trucks again and restarted 23rd on lap 86.
- He used the remaining 49 laps to fight his way back up to second where he finished the race.