Kyle Busch Gets 50th Truck Series Win at Las Vegas
Kyle Busch had not run a NASCAR Camping World Truck Series (NCWTS) race at his hometown track of Las Vegas Motor Speedway since 2001, but he made up for lost time Friday night. Busch won the pole, led 55 laps and claimed his 50th win in the Truck Series, which is one shy of the series' record. However, the win was his first NCWTS victory at his home track. He has now won on every active track on the 2018 schedule.
Stage One Recap:
- Starting from the pole for the second-consecutive week, Busch led the first 15 laps until he came to pit road under caution on lap 16 for four tires.
- He returned to the track 16th on the restart, but did not stay there for long. When Stage One ended on lap 30, he was third. He pitted again for adjustments to help free up the Cessna Tundra.
Stage Two Recap:
- Busch started Stage Two second and took the lead within a lap, but had to fight for it. Several times he ran three wide for the lead.
- The Cessna Tundra was very tight and Busch finished Stage Two in third. He pitted on lap 63 for another adjustment to start the final stage.
Stage Three Recap:
- Busch was in seventh to begin the final stage on lap 68. Within five laps he regained the lead.
- He surrendered the lead to Brett Moffitt after some trash off the track covered the grille opening of his Tundra. By getting behind another truck, he was able to use the dirty air to push the trash off his truck.
- Teams cycled through the pits for green-flag stops and by the time a caution came on lap 120, Busch had regained the lead. He held off a late-race challenge by Moffitt to win the race with a 0.437-second margin of victory.
Latest from Steven B. Wilson
- Sonic Financial Corporation Submits Non-Binding Proposal to Acquire Speedway Motorsports, Inc.
- MoneyLion and Ford Performance Introduces Sweepstakes To Give Away Three Custom Mustangs Built By Team Penske Drivers
- Bristol Burnout Fitness Competition Comes To The Colosseum
- Friday Night Thunder at Kingsport Speedway
- David Ragan to Bring Shriners Hospitals for Children Colors to Talladega
More in this category: « ThorSport Racing - 2018 Las Vegas Motor Speedway Recap Spencer Davis Finishes 13th at Las Vegas »