Spencer Davis returned to his home state of Georgia hoping to end his day in Victory Lane at Atlanta Motor Speedway. After running in the top 10 much of the race, his Rheem Tundra suffered from a tight condition in the final stage, but Davis never gave up and came back to finish 13th.
Stage One Recap:
- Davis started fourth after a great qualifying effort. He was tight throughout the first stage and finished the first 40 laps in 10th.
- He pitted on lap 43 for four tires, fuel and an air pressure adjustment.
Stage Two Recap:
- Davis returned to the track ninth to start the second 40-lap stage. He worked his way up to sixth and said his Rheem Tundra could be just a tick freer.
- He finished Stage Two in seventh place and pitted on lap 83 for four tires and another air pressure adjustment.
Stage Three Recap:
- Davis started the final stage in seventh. The Rheem Tundra tightened up and he was in 10th when a late-race caution came with five laps to go.
- Davis came to pit road for service, but a pit equipment malfunction put him at the tail end of the lead lap for the green, white, checker restart.
- He made the most of the final two laps and even went four-wide to gain track position. He fought his way back up to 13th to finish the race.