Davis Scores Top-10 Finish in His First Truck Series Start
Spencer Davis made his NASCAR Camping World Truck Series debut Friday night in the No. 51 JBL/SiriusXM Tundra and with patience and perseverance, earned a seventh-place finish in his first start. He was the highest finishing Toyota in the race.
Stage One Recap:
- Starting from the eighth position, Davis hung in the top 10 for most of the first 20-lap stage. He got the feel of the draft, was happy with his Tundra's handling and finished stage one in 11th place. He pitted for fuel only on lap 22.
Stage Two Recap:
- Davis started the next 20-lap stage in seventh. Once again, he was patient and remained in the top 10. He ended stage two in 10th place. On lap 43 he pitted for right-side tires and fuel.
Stage Three Recap:
- Davis was 10th for the restart on lap 47, and was up to fourth within a few laps. The final stage was filled with multi-truck accidents and Davis was nearly included in one on lap 73 when John Hunter Nemechek's tire exploded right in front of Davis' Tundra. He was able to avoid the wreck and restarted sixth.
- With 13 laps to go, Davis lined up fourth behind KBM teammate, David Gilliland. Davis pushed him to the front, but with seven laps to go Davis accidentally got Gilliland loose, which sent the No. 4 into the outside wall.
- With five laps to go, Davis was scored in fifth, but was shuffled back to ninth coming to the white flag. In a crazy final lap, Davis finished the race seventh despite taking a ride through the tri-oval grass.
Latest from Steven B. Wilson
- BMS Expands to two cars enhancing Driver Development Program
- Pollard, McCarty Muscle Into CARS Tour Victory Lane At Motor Mile
- Inaugural eNASCAR Heat Pro League Season Set to Commence Memorial Day Weekend at Charlotte Motor Speedway
- The Glen, STAR Headlight Lantern Co. debut new on-track caution light system for 2019 season
- 22 FREE Offerings Pocono 400 Guests Can Enjoy
More in this category: « Late Contact Ends Gilliland's Bid for a Win Eventful Night Ends with a 23rd-Place Finish for Gragson and No. 18 Safelite AutoGlass® Team »