Chris Fontaine To Race In The NASCAR Camping World Truck Series NextEra Energy Resources 250 at Daytona
Chris Fontaine and the Glenden Enterprises #47 NCWTS race team are at Daytona International Speedway this weekend to race in the NASCAR Camping World Truck Series NextEra Energy Resources 250 race on Friday, Feb. 16.
The race will be televised live at 7:30 pmet on FS1.
This year Fontaine has made the change from Toyota to Chevrolet, and will be driving the #47 NCWTS Glenden Enterprises Chevy Silverado.
Fontaine called the new fuel injected engines a change in the game.
"I am just going to try to get up front and stay there. You have to stay out of the wrecks and be on the track on the last lap to get a win," he said.
This will be Fontaine's seventh Daytona start. In his six previous NCWTS races at the track, he has one top 10 finish of seventh in 2012.
Chris Fontaine's cousin, Justin Fontaine, will be making his first Daytona start driving the #45 PROMATIC Automation Chevy Silverado for Niece Motorsports.
"It should be fun. This will be his first time, so we will see how that pans out," Chris Fontaine said of racing with his cousin.
The television schedule for this weekends race:
Chris Fontaine PR
Latest from Speedway Digest Staff
- Five-Time Indianapolis 500 Starter, Gifted Mechanic Martin Dies at 80
- Richmond Raceway 2020 NASCAR Tickets On Sale to the Public on December 1
- Bluegreen Vacations To Sponsor NASCAR Cup Series Duel Races At Daytona
- Bobby Labonte Foundation Donates Proceeds to Local Charities After Record-Breaking Fundraiser
- NASCAR Champion Joey Logano Breaks Guinness World Record with World’s Longest Hot Wheels Track