Justin Haley No. 24 Fraternal Order of Eagles Chevrolet Silverado New Hampshire Recap
Justin Haley, driver of the No. 24 Fraternal Order of Eagles Chevrolet, made his New Hampshire Motor Speedway debut from the 13th position in Saturday’s UNOH 175. As the first 55-lap stage began, Haley relayed to the team that his Chevy was getting progressively tighter as he ran just outside of the top 10 in 14th. At the conclusion of stage one, the 18-year-old brought his truck to pit road for four tires, fuel and a chassis and air pressure adjustment, returning to the track in the 11th position for the lap 62 restart.
As the race resumed for the start of stage two, Haley worked his way into the top 10 before a caution occurred on lap 65. He maintained his position within the top 10 as the race continued and finished the second stage ninth despite reporting to the team that he thought something may have broke in the rear. With the Fraternal Order of Eagles Chevy handling a bit free on entry at the end of the stage, Haley pitted for two tires, fuel and a chassis adjustment under caution. Seeing no issue with the No. 24 he returned to the track in the third position for the final stage.
Haley fell back to seventh on the lap 118 restart and after 10 laps of green flag racing reported his Chevy had become tight center to exit. He continued on, dropping back to the 13th position as entry became a handful and maintained that position until the end of the race.
“For some reason we seemed to struggle off and on this weekend, from practice to the race. We weren’t too bad the second stage, but something didn’t feel right with the truck and I think that really played into how the final stage went for us. I know the No. 24 team is working hard to get us to a place where we can put a whole race together and get a win before the season is over so we’ll go back to the shop and make sure we’re as ready as we can be for Vegas next week.”
- Haley is seventh in the Owner Championship Playoff standings, three points behind the cutoff line.
GMS Racing PR
Latest from Steven B. Wilson
- Pit Stop of a Different Kind: International Motorsports Hall of Fame Outside Talladega Superspeedway a Must Visit This Week
- Starting Times Announced For Eldora Season Opener
- What’s Happenin’?! It’s Race Week at Talladega Superspeedway – Drivers and Fans Anxious for All that Awaits during Tripleheader Weekend
- Pit Viper Sunglasses To Serve As Primary Sponsor For Vinnie Miller and The No. 78 BJ McLeod Motorsports Team In Talladega
- Skillet & Sevendust to Rock Virginia Credit Union LIVE! at Richmond Raceway on Tuesday, August 13