Gragson Grabs a Top 10 in the Windy City
Noah Gragson came to Chicagoland Speedway in Joliet, Ill., needing to win in order to make the NASCAR playoffs in his rookie season. Although his night did not end with a trip to Victory Lane, he did come away with his 11th top-10 finish of the season as he crossed the finish line in eighth place.
Stage One Recap:
- Gragson started the race in sixth and said the Switch Tundra was a bit free early in the run. He had fallen back to 10th when a caution came on lap 31, just before the end of Stage One. Many teams, including the Switch team elected to pit now and stay out when the stage ended. Four teams stayed out on track, so Gragson was 12th when the race resumed, but was up to 10th when the stage ended at lap 35.
Stage Two Recap:
- By pitting early and staying out when Stage One ended, Gragson started the second 35-lap stage in sixth place. With a good restart he was up to fifth, but as the run went on he fell back to 10th to end Stage Two. He came to pit road for four tires and some major adjustments to see if that would help the handling.
Stage Three Recap:
- Gragson started the final 80-lap stage in 14th on lap 77. He was up to 10th, but still not happy with his Tundra's handling. When a caution came on lap 107, the team used the opportunity to pit for fresh tires. With a good pit stop, he restarted seventh on lap 111. He eventually settled into eighth, where he finished the race.
Latest from Steven B. Wilson
- McReynolds to drive KBR Chevrolet at Talladega
- Thad Moffitt Hopes to Continue Petty Legacy with Win at Talladega
- Bunny Run 190 At Kingsport Speedway Canceled Due To Rain
- Thrill Seekers: Prepare To Go Over The Edge For A Worthy Cause At The Last Great Colosseum
- Iconic Names of Gordon, Earnhardt Jr. Rule the 2000s at Talladega
More in this category: « Thehouse.Com 225 Results from Chicagoland Snider Earns Hard-Fought Top 10 »