Late-Race Incident Ends Snider's Night a Few Laps Early
In only his second NASCAR Camping World Truck Series (NCWTS) race of the 2017 season, Myatt Snider finished 16th after being involved in a late-race incident in Friday's Winstaronlinegaming.com at Texas Motor Speedway.
First Stage Recap:
- Snider started his No. 51 Louisiana Hot Sauce Toyota Tundra 13th in Friday's 167-lap race. The 22-year-old used the First Stage of the race to learn how his Tundra handled on the 1.5-mile track. After surviving a string of cautions, Snider finished the First Stage 12th.
Second Stage Recap:
- Snider took the green flag for the Second Stage with four fresh tires on his Toyota Tundra. He restarted the race 14th and stayed around that position throughout the stage. When the caution flag waved to end the Second Stage, Snider was scored in the 13th position.
Third Stage Recap:
- After making a trip to pit road for two right-side tires, Snider started the final stage of the race from the second position. On Lap 131 the No. 51 Louisiana Hot Sauce Toyota Tundra spun on the track, bringing out the caution. Snider made a trip to pit road for four new tires and to assess the slight damage on his Tundra from the incident. With newer tires than the rest of the field, Snider continued to fight for position on the track throughout the race. With only seven laps remaining, Snider was involved in an incident on track that ended his day a few laps early. Snider and the No. 51 team are scored as finishing the race 16th.
Latest from Steven B. Wilson
- McReynolds to drive KBR Chevrolet at Talladega
- Thad Moffitt Hopes to Continue Petty Legacy with Win at Talladega
- Bunny Run 190 At Kingsport Speedway Canceled Due To Rain
- Thrill Seekers: Prepare To Go Over The Edge For A Worthy Cause At The Last Great Colosseum
- Iconic Names of Gordon, Earnhardt Jr. Rule the 2000s at Talladega
More in this category: « Bell Wins by Two Steps in a Texas Shootout Johnny Sauter GMS Racing NCWTS Texas Recap »