Harrison Burton, in only his second time behind the wheel of a Kyle Busch Motorsports (KBM) truck, finished a career-best 13th place in the Alpha Energy Solutions 250 at Martinsville (Va.) Speedway for the NASCAR Camping World Truck Series (NCWTS). This was his first race of the 2017 NCWTS season.
Stage One Recap:
- Burton started his No. 51 DEX Imaging Toyota Tundra seventh on Saturday afternoon at Martinsville Speedway.
- During the first stage of the race Burton found his rhythm in the truck and stayed near the top 10 for most of the 70-lap stage. He was scored 11th when the caution flag flew.
Stage Two Recap:
- Burton began stage two from the 10th position with four fresh tires.
- When the caution flag flew on Lap 117 the No. 51 Toyota Racing team did not make a trip to pit road when most of the leaders in the field did. Burton restarted sixth but when the stage ended, under a caution, the rookie was scored seventh.
Stage Three Recap:
- After a four-tire pit stop, the DEX Imaging Tundra started the third stage 16th after many of the trucks in front of him did not pit.
- On Lap 174 Burton was caught in a three-truck scuffle and got spun from behind, bringing out a caution. The 16-year-old brought his Toyota Tundra to pit road for four tires. Luckily, the No. 51 Tundra received very minor damage from the spin.
- For the rest of the race Burton got back into his rhythm and was scored 13th when the checkered flag flew.