Cody Coughlin - 2017 Atlanta Recap
Cody Coughlin Race Recap:
Cody Coughlin, driver of the No. 13 JEGS Toyota Tundra, made his track debut in Saturday's NASCAR Camping World Truck Series (NCWTS) Active Pest Control 200 at Atlanta (Ga.) Motor Speedway. Starting 16th, Coughlin ran as high as second, and finished 16th in the 130-lap event.
The ThorSport Racing driver finished 19th, and 20th, respectively, in the first two stages of the event. Battling a free-in, tight through the center, and loose off Toyota Tundra, the Sunoco Rookie of the Year contender lost valuable track position late in the race, and was unable to make-up ground in the final laps. The JEGS driver was credited with a 16th-place finish behind race winner, Christopher Bell.
"I feel like I continue to have some difficulty at the mile-and-a-half tracks. I just need to learn how to be a little bit more aggressive on the restarts. At the beginning of the race, it seemed like we were making progress, even got up into the top-10, but we just went backwards from there. We'll go back and try to figure out the handling, and get better from here. Great work by everyone on this JEGS Toyota team."
Latest from Steven B. Wilson
- Matt DiBenedetto Visits Virginia Beach in Advance of the TOYOTA OWNERS 400 at Richmond Raceway
- Pocono Raceway College Tour Announced, Zane Smith and Justin Haley To Visit Local Universities
- Ty Majeski joins Chad Bryant Racing for limited ARCA schedule
- Hulman Motorsports adds chief revenue officer to Executive Leadership Team
- Guldin Moving To Sportsman, Free To Public Practice March 30, Rogers Memorial April 6
More in this category: « Grant Enfinger - 2017 Atlanta Recap Gragson Rebounds for 14th-Place Finish at Atlanta »