Cody Coughlin - 2017 Atlanta Recap
Cody Coughlin Race Recap:
Cody Coughlin, driver of the No. 13 JEGS Toyota Tundra, made his track debut in Saturday's NASCAR Camping World Truck Series (NCWTS) Active Pest Control 200 at Atlanta (Ga.) Motor Speedway. Starting 16th, Coughlin ran as high as second, and finished 16th in the 130-lap event.
The ThorSport Racing driver finished 19th, and 20th, respectively, in the first two stages of the event. Battling a free-in, tight through the center, and loose off Toyota Tundra, the Sunoco Rookie of the Year contender lost valuable track position late in the race, and was unable to make-up ground in the final laps. The JEGS driver was credited with a 16th-place finish behind race winner, Christopher Bell.
"I feel like I continue to have some difficulty at the mile-and-a-half tracks. I just need to learn how to be a little bit more aggressive on the restarts. At the beginning of the race, it seemed like we were making progress, even got up into the top-10, but we just went backwards from there. We'll go back and try to figure out the handling, and get better from here. Great work by everyone on this JEGS Toyota team."
Latest from Speedway Digest Staff
- Terre Haute Action Track To Open Season June 20 With Flat Track Motorcycle Event
- ENES Round 4 to take place on Tuesday, June 9 at virtual Indianapolis Motor Speedway
- NASCAR National Series News & Notes - Atlanta Motor Speedway
- John Hunter Nemechek Ready for YANMAR America’s Hometown Race in Atlanta
- IndyCar Racing Returns with Live Coverage of Genesys 300 on SiriusXM