Grant Enfinger - 2017 Atlanta Recap
Grant Enfinger Race Recap:
Grant Enfinger, driver of the No. 98 RIDE TV Toyota Tundra, made his second career start at Atlanta (Ga.) Motor Speedway in Saturday's NASCAR Camping World Truck Series (NCWTS) Active Pest Control 200. Starting from the 14th position, the ThorSport Racing driver led the 32-truck field once, for four laps, and brought home his second top-10 finish, finishing eighth at the 1.54-mile track. The Sunoco Rookie of the Year contender was also the highest finishing rookie contender in Saturday's race.
Enfinger, who finished ninth in Stage 1, and 12th in Stage 2, gambled on pit strategy at lap 105, when a majority of the leaders came to pit road. Electing to stay out, the RIDE TV driver would bring the field to the green flag with 28 laps remaining in the 130-lap event. With fresh tires at an advantage, the RIDE TV driver would lose ground to the leaders in the closing laps, and cross the stripe in the eighth position behind race winner, Christopher Bell.
How was your race?
"It was a decent night for us. We seemed to be pretty good on long runs. Short runs we had a little trouble. Our best run was our last run, but we got a little off sequence with our pit stops. Since we knew we weren't going to win, we took a gamble. Overall, I think it was the right call - fresher tires just had the advantage. Eighth place tonight - it's not bad, just not what we came here to do. We came to win."
Latest from Steven B. Wilson
- Lucas Oil Late Model Doubleheader Weekend Canceled
- SCC, Ballad Health and Niswongers Children's Hospital Partner To Create New Initiative Aimed At Improving The Lives of The Region's Children
- Comcast Bringing Back Popular "Watch Us Watch NASCAR" To @Xfinity On Twitter For NASCAR Xfinity Series Race At Dover International Speedway
- Grossi and Nascimento Partner To Field Holmes At Madera
- Legendary Foyt Cements Legacy with Bronze Brick at IMS