Halmar Friesen Racing NextEra Energy Resources 250 Race Advance
Halmar Friesen Racing with driver Stewart Friesen will make their NASCAR Camping World Truck Series team debut in the NextExtra Energy Resources 250 this Friday night at Daytona International Speedway. Friesen will pilot the No. 52 Chevrolet Silverado in all twenty-three series events.
Building on his six starts during the 2016 season, this will be Friesen's first race as driver and co-owner.
The 33-year-old Niagara-on-the-Lake, ON native is a standout winner on the dirt tracks of New York State. With over 250 victories in both modified and sprint car series, Friesen looks forward to similar success in the third-tier of NASCAR's National Touring series.
"Competing at Daytona has been a goal of mine since I was young and would watch the Daytona 500 on TV. This year a dream becomes reality and I'm very thankful to Chris (Larsen, co-owner) and Tommy (Baldwin, General Manager) for this opportunity. Tommy's knowledge and leadership will be an asset to the HFR team this season."
"I am very proud of the HFR team we have been over the last few months. This is going to be a fun year for us."
Latest from Steven B. Wilson
- MoneyLion and Ford Performance Introduces Sweepstakes To Give Away Three Custom Mustangs Built By Team Penske Drivers
- Bristol Burnout Fitness Competition Comes To The Colosseum
- Friday Night Thunder at Kingsport Speedway
- David Ragan to Bring Shriners Hospitals for Children Colors to Talladega
- Joey Gase, NASCAR Driver and Donor Son to Honor Jonathan “Mr. NASCAR” Merritt
More in this category: « Chris Fontaine to Complete in his Seventh Daytona Truck Raceway Running The #47 Tyler Young looking for success again at Daytona International Speedway »