Byron leads the way in First Practice at Homestead
Ford 200 Championship weekend from Homestead Miami got underway this morning just after 8:30 am with the first practice session of the weekend.
William Byron the driver who was knocked out of the championship four last week at Phoenix led the way with a time of 31.411 (171.914mph) over Cup Series driver Kyle Larson 31.537 (171.217mph).
Championship contender Sauter would finish out third 31.549 (171.162), Crafton fifth 31.554(171.135), Peters 11th 31.859 (169.497) and rounding out the contenders back in 14th is Bell running a time of 32.056 (168.455).
BKR driver Reddick would have troubles in the first practice getting up into the wall scraping the side of his trucks and bringing it to the garage for slight repairs.
Latest from Speedway Digest Staff
- Monster trucks soar above Roseville this Sat at All American Speedway
- Clint Bowyer Hoping Kansas Home Cooking Helps Continue Playoff Run
- INDYCAR completes short oval Aeroscreen test at Richmond Raceway
- Odds Favor Another First-time Winner for NASCAR Hall of Fame 200
- ‘Boomerang Ninja’ Logan Broadbent Prepares for Pennzoil AutoFair Extravaganza