Cameron Hayley - 2016 Phoenix Recap
Cameron Hayley Race Recap:
Cameron Hayley, driver of the No. 13 RIDE TV Toyota Tundra, made his second career start at Phoenix International Raceway (PIR) in Friday night's NASCAR Camping World Truck Series (NCWTS) Lucas Oil 150. Starting seventh, Hayley battled a tight Toyota Tundra from the drop of the green flag. Running as high as fourth, the Calgary, Alberta, Canada native maintained a position inside the top-10 through the races first 120 laps. With 30 laps remaining, Hayley made his way inside the top-five, and crossed the stripe in the fourth position behind race winner, Daniel Suarez.
The top-five result was the ThorSport Racing drivers best finish in two starts at the one-mile Avondale, Ariz. track.
Cameron Hayley Quote:
"A really solid run for this RIDE TV team. We struggled a little bit there at the end, but still managed to secure a top-five finish - something we really needed. We will head to Homestead next week, and try to get that elusive win in the final race of the year."
Latest from Steven B. Wilson
- Full Speed Ahead Michael Self, Sinclair Oil Make Bid for Third Victory of Season at Talladega
- Michael Self Hunting ARCA Menards Series Hat Trick at Talladega
- Clint Bowyer Talladega: A Fitting Weekend for Vehicle Repair Coverage
- Pit Stop of a Different Kind: International Motorsports Hall of Fame Outside Talladega Superspeedway a Must Visit This Week
- Starting Times Announced For Eldora Season Opener