Cameron Hayley - 2016 Phoenix Recap
Cameron Hayley Race Recap:
Cameron Hayley, driver of the No. 13 RIDE TV Toyota Tundra, made his second career start at Phoenix International Raceway (PIR) in Friday night's NASCAR Camping World Truck Series (NCWTS) Lucas Oil 150. Starting seventh, Hayley battled a tight Toyota Tundra from the drop of the green flag. Running as high as fourth, the Calgary, Alberta, Canada native maintained a position inside the top-10 through the races first 120 laps. With 30 laps remaining, Hayley made his way inside the top-five, and crossed the stripe in the fourth position behind race winner, Daniel Suarez.
The top-five result was the ThorSport Racing drivers best finish in two starts at the one-mile Avondale, Ariz. track.
Cameron Hayley Quote:
"A really solid run for this RIDE TV team. We struggled a little bit there at the end, but still managed to secure a top-five finish - something we really needed. We will head to Homestead next week, and try to get that elusive win in the final race of the year."
Latest from Speedway Digest Staff
- NASCAR garages opening to infield campers at AMS in 2020
- Speedway Christmas Presented by Cook Out Features Opening Night Discounts
- GMS Racing Completes Gander Truck Series Full-Time Line-Up with the Addition of Zane Smith
- Sonoma Chapter of SCC Distributes $378,000 to Sonoma County Youth Groups
- Kyle Busch Collects Second MENCS Title During Ford Championship Weekend; Homestead-Miami Speedway Turns Toward 25th Anniversary in 2020