Coughlin to substitute for Townley at Texas
Due to a non-racing-related injury to his left ankle, John Wes Townley will sit out Friday night’s NASCAR Camping World Truck Series race at Texas Motor Speedway and turn the driving chores of the No. 05 Zaxby’s Chevrolet over to Cody Coughlin.
“I want to wish John Wes a speedy recovery and hope he’s back at the track soon,” said Coughlin, who has nine starts this year in NASCAR’s Truck Series, including a season-best 12th-place finish at Texas in June. “I’m honored that Athenian Motorsports thought of me to drive their truck this weekend.
“I like Texas a lot. I had a lot of speed when I ran the truck race there this summer. I feel like I can really get around that place and Athenian’s trucks are fast. I think that’s going to make for a good weekend for us.”
Friday night’s Striping Technology 350 at TMS is scheduled to go green at 8:49 p.m. eastern and will air live on Fox Sports 1 and MRN Radio.
Athenian Motorsports PR
Latest from Speedway Digest Staff
- After Successful Season With New Engine Rules, 2020 Looks Bright For South Boston Speedway’s Limited Sportsman Division
- LocAL Flavor – Construction of Talladega Superspeedway’s Transformation Infield Project Presented by Graybar Home for Many Alabama-Based Companies
- Annual MIS Cares Track and Toy Drive is Dec. 7
- Now Open at the IMS Museum: ‘From the Vault’ Presented by Bank of America
- Scelzi Claims First Midget Car Win At USAC Hangtown 100;