Coughlin to substitute for Townley at Texas
Due to a non-racing-related injury to his left ankle, John Wes Townley will sit out Friday night’s NASCAR Camping World Truck Series race at Texas Motor Speedway and turn the driving chores of the No. 05 Zaxby’s Chevrolet over to Cody Coughlin.
“I want to wish John Wes a speedy recovery and hope he’s back at the track soon,” said Coughlin, who has nine starts this year in NASCAR’s Truck Series, including a season-best 12th-place finish at Texas in June. “I’m honored that Athenian Motorsports thought of me to drive their truck this weekend.
“I like Texas a lot. I had a lot of speed when I ran the truck race there this summer. I feel like I can really get around that place and Athenian’s trucks are fast. I think that’s going to make for a good weekend for us.”
Friday night’s Striping Technology 350 at TMS is scheduled to go green at 8:49 p.m. eastern and will air live on Fox Sports 1 and MRN Radio.
Athenian Motorsports PR
Latest from Speedway Digest Staff
- The wait is over; 2020 starts at Texas
- DIRTcar Weekly Racing Roundup – Week of June 1
- Fr8Auctions Return for Sixth Consecutive Season with Front Row Motorsports
- Denis McGlynn and Ben Kennedy -- Nashville Superspeedway press conference
- Built Bar to partner with LaJoie, No.32 team beginning at Atlanta Motor Speedway