Cameron Hayley - 2016 Martinsville Recap
Cameron Hayley Race Recap:
Cameron Hayley, driver of the No. 13 RIDE TV Toyota Tundra, made his fourth career start at Martinsville Speedway in Saturday's NASCAR Camping World Truck Series (NCWTS) Texas Roadhouse 200 presented by Alpha Energy Solutions. Starting eighth, the ThorSport Racing driver maintained a top-10 running position throughout the 200-lap event, fighting a tight RIDE TV Toyota Tundra, and brake issues. Crew chief Eddie Troconis brought the Calgary, Alberta, Canada native to pit road at laps 51 and 109, for four tires, fuel, and adjustments, and for the final time on lap 150 for two tires, and fuel. Restarting eighth, Hayley maintained his position inside the top-10 until contact with the 17 truck, with 25 laps remaining, cost the ThorSport Racing driver valuable track position. Hayley fell as far back as 15th, but was able to fight his way back to an 11th-place finish behind race winner, Johnny Sauter.
Cameron Hayley Quote:
"We had a really good RIDE TV Toyota Tundra - struggled with breaks all day, which made it really difficult. The handling was great, we just couldn't get in the corner because of the breaks. Overall, a good run for us, it's just Martinsville."
Latest from Speedway Digest Staff
- Thorsport Racing to celebrate its silver anniversary at Daytona International Speedway
- INDYCAR stars set for Rolex 24
- Richmond Raceway Expands 2020 Track Laps for Charity Schedule
- Roush Fenway Racing Names Castrol® as Team’s Official Oil Partner
- Reigning ACM Festival of the Year Faster Horses enlists Jason Aldean, Luke Combs, Thomas Rhett and many more for eighth-year festivities
More in this category: « Tyler Reddick - Martinsville II 2016 Recap Kaz Rounds Up a Top-15 Finish in Second Truck Start at Martinsville Speedway »