Cameron Hayley - 2016 Michigan Recap
Cameron Hayley Race Recap:
Cameron Hayley, driver of the No. 13 RIDE TV Toyota Tundra, made his second career start at Michigan International Speedway (MIS) in Saturday's NASCAR Camping World Truck Series (NCWTS) Careers for Veterans 200. Starting 14th, Hayley ran as high as second, fighting a tight Toyota Tundra, and finished fifth in the 100-lap event. The top-five result was Hayley's track-best finish in two starts at the 2-mile speedway, and his fourth top-five in 14 starts this season.
Starting 14th, the ThorSport Racing driver maintained a position inside the top-15 through the first 50 laps. Crew chief Eddie Troconis brought the RIDE TV Tundra to pit road under the first caution at lap 32 for four tires, and fuel, under the second caution at lap 46 for fuel only, and under the fourth caution at lap 64 for two tires, and fuel. In the final 35 laps, Hayley utilized the draft and survived three accidents with the front-runners to finish a track-best fifth behind race winner, Brett Moffitt.
Cameron Hayley Quote:
"Our three ThorSport Tundra's were lined up and we were trying to stay lined up because we knew that was the only way we could catch that lead pack, and challenge for the win. We got pretty aggressive at the end - a lot of drafting and a lot of side-drafting. Overall a great run for our RIDE TV Tundra, but came up a little short on the setup. Top-five is great, but we need a win right now."
Latest from Steven B. Wilson
- Pit Stop of a Different Kind: International Motorsports Hall of Fame Outside Talladega Superspeedway a Must Visit This Week
- Starting Times Announced For Eldora Season Opener
- What’s Happenin’?! It’s Race Week at Talladega Superspeedway – Drivers and Fans Anxious for All that Awaits during Tripleheader Weekend
- Pit Viper Sunglasses To Serve As Primary Sponsor For Vinnie Miller and The No. 78 BJ McLeod Motorsports Team In Talladega
- Skillet & Sevendust to Rock Virginia Credit Union LIVE! at Richmond Raceway on Tuesday, August 13