Ben Rhodes - 2016 Bristol Recap
Ben Rhodes, driver of the No. 41 Regal Cinemas Toyota Tundra, made his second career NASCAR Camping World Truck Series (NCWTS) start at Bristol Motor Speedway (BMS) in Wednesday night's rain delayed UNOH 200. Showing speed in both practice sessions on Wednesday morning, Rhodes was able to back up his efforts in NASCAR's unique, three-round qualifying session on Wednesday afternoon, earning a track-best fourth-place starting position for the 19th annual event. Continuing to show speed throughout the race, Rhodes was able to maintain a position inside the top-five, running as high as second, before a problem under the hood of his Toyota Tundra, just past the halfway mark, relegated the No. 41 team to a 30th-place finish.
"We had a really fast Regal Cinemas Tundra. It's just a shame we weren't able to get a finish that reflected it. Something happened with the engine, not really sure, but it just suddenly lost power. We brought it in here to diagnose the problem, to see what it may be. It's a shame - these guys worked really hard on the truck all month long, getting this thing ready for Bristol, and I really feel like we had a shot to win it tonight."
Latest from Steven B. Wilson
- Five Drivers Will Highlight Pre-Race Experience at Martinsville Speedway During First Data 500 Weekend
- 100 years of racing at New York's Orange County Speedway to be showcased at PPB Motorsports 2020
- Veteran Swindell Can Join Legends List At Springfield Race On Sunday
- Solaris Motorsport restarts from Hockenheim
- Mazola, Roush Fenway, Rescue Ranch Partner for Fall Events