Cameron Hayley - 2016 Bristol Recap
Cameron Hayley, driver of the No. 13 RIDE TV Toyota Tundra, made his second career NASCAR Camping World Truck Series (NCWTS) start at Bristol Motor Speedway (BMS) in Wednesday night's rain delayed UNOH 200. Carrying the new colors of RIDE TV, a 24-hour equestrian network, the ThorSport Racing driver started a track-best third, ran consistently inside the top-5, running as high as second, and finished 24th.
Showing speed in both practice sessions on Wednesday morning, Hayley followed up his strong showing with a third-place starting position for the 19th annual UNOH 200. Although the race was delayed for rain, "green" track conditions didn't slow the Calgary, Alberta, Canada native down. Running as high as second, complaining only of a Toyota Tundra that was, "a little tight," Hayley maintained a position inside the top-five until shortly before lap 135 when he radioed-in to his crew that, "something broke." A flat left front tire was the result. Crew chief Eddie Troconis brought the No. 13 machine down pit road several times in the final 65 laps to repair the damage, but ultimately Hayley would cross the stripe in the 24th position, three laps down to race winner, Ben Kennedy.
Latest from Steven B. Wilson
- NASCAR Champ Jimmie Johnson Opens Up About Racing in Charlotte, Car Fights & More with Sammy Hagar on 'Rock & Roll Road Trip' June 9
- JR Motorsports Partners with LS Tractor in Multiple Events
- Gus Dean eyes ARCA win at Charlotte Motor Speedway
- Carnival And Fan Stage Added - FREE For Pocono 400 Fans
- Daytona ARCA Winner Harrison Burton Back for More in General Tire 150 at Charlotte Motor Speedway