Brett Moffitt Joins Red Horse Racing at Kentucky Speedway
Brett Moffitt will join the Red Horse Racing stable for the Buckle Up In Your Truck 225 at Kentucky Speedway on July 7, subbing for Matt Tifft in the No. 11 Toyota Tundra, who underwent surgery for removal of a low-grade glioma in the brain.
The slow-growing tumor was found during treatment and evaluation for a recent disc condition in his back. Tifft is expected to undergo rehabilitation soon and once cleared by physicians is expected to return to racing. The rookie is anxious to return to the race track as soon as possible.
"Obviously, we're thinking of Matt and can't wait for him to return, so we're sending him our best wishes and we hope to see him back at the track soon," said Moffitt. "I hate that it's under these circumstances, but I'm really grateful for this opportunity with Red Horse Racing and I hope it can lead to more."
Moffitt, the 2015 NASCAR Sprint Cup Series Rookie of the Year, has 38 NASCAR Sprint Cup Series starts, one XFINITY Series start and two Camping World Truck Series starts.
Latest from Speedway Digest Staff
- NASCAR garages opening to infield campers at AMS in 2020
- Speedway Christmas Presented by Cook Out Features Opening Night Discounts
- GMS Racing Completes Gander Truck Series Full-Time Line-Up with the Addition of Zane Smith
- Sonoma Chapter of SCC Distributes $378,000 to Sonoma County Youth Groups
- Kyle Busch Collects Second MENCS Title During Ford Championship Weekend; Homestead-Miami Speedway Turns Toward 25th Anniversary in 2020
More in this category: « Kyle Busch Looking to Put Bookends on the Truck Series Record Book Young’s Motorsports Announces Program Change For Kentucky Speedway »