Enrique Contreras III meets the goal at Gateway
The outcome of the race last weekend at Gateway Motorsports Park track is considered as a mission accomplished to Enrique Contreras III in his debut with Contreras Motorsports in the NASCAR Camping World Truck Series. Enrique finished the race at 20th position in the lead lap and with the #71 Chevy Silverado clear of damage.
Enrique said at the end: I am very grateful for the opportunity of Contreras Motorsports to debut with them in this important series of NASCAR, it is the first step and I am very encouraged by what is coming. The race left me many lessons, but first I want to thank American Club and MOTUL for their support and giving me the opportunity to do my first race at CMS ... The team told me I can have other opportunities this year, for that I need to get to work and the goals they ask me. "
It is expected that the team considers Enrique again for upcoming events. The plan now is to focus on preparing the truck race at Kentucky. The fact of not having considerable damage after the Gateway race opens the possibility to do a better job of preparing for the next event.
After 9 races in the 2016 season Contreras Motorsports has shown growth as a team and found better results each race, which has become one of the teams to watch in the NASCAR garage.
The team will next race will be the July 7th Thursday night in Kentucky.
Contreras Motorsports PR
Latest from Speedway Digest Staff
- NASCAR garages opening to infield campers at AMS in 2020
- Speedway Christmas Presented by Cook Out Features Opening Night Discounts
- GMS Racing Completes Gander Truck Series Full-Time Line-Up with the Addition of Zane Smith
- Sonoma Chapter of SCC Distributes $378,000 to Sonoma County Youth Groups
- Kyle Busch Collects Second MENCS Title During Ford Championship Weekend; Homestead-Miami Speedway Turns Toward 25th Anniversary in 2020