Enrique Contreras III meets the goal at Gateway
The outcome of the race last weekend at Gateway Motorsports Park track is considered as a mission accomplished to Enrique Contreras III in his debut with Contreras Motorsports in the NASCAR Camping World Truck Series. Enrique finished the race at 20th position in the lead lap and with the #71 Chevy Silverado clear of damage.
Enrique said at the end: I am very grateful for the opportunity of Contreras Motorsports to debut with them in this important series of NASCAR, it is the first step and I am very encouraged by what is coming. The race left me many lessons, but first I want to thank American Club and MOTUL for their support and giving me the opportunity to do my first race at CMS ... The team told me I can have other opportunities this year, for that I need to get to work and the goals they ask me. "
It is expected that the team considers Enrique again for upcoming events. The plan now is to focus on preparing the truck race at Kentucky. The fact of not having considerable damage after the Gateway race opens the possibility to do a better job of preparing for the next event.
After 9 races in the 2016 season Contreras Motorsports has shown growth as a team and found better results each race, which has become one of the teams to watch in the NASCAR garage.
The team will next race will be the July 7th Thursday night in Kentucky.
Contreras Motorsports PR
Latest from Speedway Digest Staff
- Rick Ware Racing Welcomes Back Belmont Classic Cars as the Primary Sponsor at Bristol Motor Speedway
- Enlisted Nine and JDog Brands to team up with LaJoie at Bristol
- NASCAR Xfinity Series race at Homestead-Miami Speedway to serve as Dash 4 Cash event
- $100k up for grabs in first "Dash 4 Cash" race at AMS
- Xfinity to salute employee heroes with windshield recognition at Bristol race