Cameron Hayley - 2016 Gateway Recap
Cameron Hayley, driver of the No. 13 Cabinets by Hayley Toyota Tundra, started 10th in Saturday night's NASCAR Camping World Truck Series (NCWTS) Drivin' for Linemen 200, when qualifying was cancelled due to rain, and the field was set based on the NASCAR rule book - combination of both practice speeds. The ThorSport Racing driver worked his way inside the top-five by lap 10, but was relegated to a 24th-place finish when the No. 51 machine made contact with his Toyota Tundra in Turn 3 at lap 26. Crew chief Eddie Troconis brought the No. 13 Tundra to pit road multiple times, under yellow, to diagnose a major vibration, but the Calgary, Alberta, Canada native spent the remainder of the 160-lap event playing catch-up. Hayley's 24th-place result follows his strong third-place run at Iowa Speedway last week.
"We just got wrecked. I hate it for everyone on this Cabinets by Hayley team. Everyone has been working so hard just to get us here, after the fire a couple weeks ago, and we had a fast Toyota Tundra. I hate we didn't get to show that. I just have to thank all my guys for not giving up. We have a week to regroup before Kentucky, and we will get back at it strong there."
Latest from Speedway Digest Staff
- Brett Moffitt to Compete Full Time for Niece Motorsports in 2021
- 2021 DAYTONA 500 to Have Limited Fan Capacity; The Tradition, Pageantry, Excitement and Drama Continues on Sunday, Feb. 14
- Biohaven’s Nurtec™ ODT Partners with the Rick Ware Racing Team in the 2021 NASCAR Cup Series
- Josh Williams Is 3rd-Quarter NMPA Pocono Spirit Award Winner
- Haas F1 Team Statement Romain Grosjean – Update