A rare weekend off for the Sprint Cup Series gives way for a NASCAR XFINITY – Camping World Truck Series weekend double header at Iowa Speedway.
Austin Wayne Self, coming off a career best 13th place finish at Texas Motor Speedway, looks to continue his progression in the NASCAR Camping World Truck Series when the tour takes its turn Saturday, June 18th in the running of the Speediatrics 200.
“We’ve been working hard all season-long - taking the good with the bad,” said Self. “Last weekend was a small victory for our team. There’s a lot of season left for us to improve. I’m really excited. We’re headed in the right direction and looking for more this weekend at Iowa.”
Self, in his NASCAR rookie season driving the No.22 AM Technical Solutions Toyota, has notched two top-15 finishes in his first seven series attempts. Last week’s 13th place finish set a new team best for the first year truck team.
“The truck series is super competitive,” commented Self. “There are a lot well-established teams and drivers who make this look easy. I can assure you they’ve all payed their dues to get to this point. We’re on our way. This team is dedicated and focused on getting better both on and off the track each week. I’m really thankful for the opportunity and excited for our future.”
AM Racing PR
AM Racing and Austin Wayne Self Looking for More at Iowa
Latest from Speedway Digest Staff
- NASCAR garages opening to infield campers at AMS in 2020
- Speedway Christmas Presented by Cook Out Features Opening Night Discounts
- GMS Racing Completes Gander Truck Series Full-Time Line-Up with the Addition of Zane Smith
- Sonoma Chapter of SCC Distributes $378,000 to Sonoma County Youth Groups
- Kyle Busch Collects Second MENCS Title During Ford Championship Weekend; Homestead-Miami Speedway Turns Toward 25th Anniversary in 2020