A rare weekend off for the Sprint Cup Series gives way for a NASCAR XFINITY – Camping World Truck Series weekend double header at Iowa Speedway.
Austin Wayne Self, coming off a career best 13th place finish at Texas Motor Speedway, looks to continue his progression in the NASCAR Camping World Truck Series when the tour takes its turn Saturday, June 18th in the running of the Speediatrics 200.
“We’ve been working hard all season-long - taking the good with the bad,” said Self. “Last weekend was a small victory for our team. There’s a lot of season left for us to improve. I’m really excited. We’re headed in the right direction and looking for more this weekend at Iowa.”
Self, in his NASCAR rookie season driving the No.22 AM Technical Solutions Toyota, has notched two top-15 finishes in his first seven series attempts. Last week’s 13th place finish set a new team best for the first year truck team.
“The truck series is super competitive,” commented Self. “There are a lot well-established teams and drivers who make this look easy. I can assure you they’ve all payed their dues to get to this point. We’re on our way. This team is dedicated and focused on getting better both on and off the track each week. I’m really thankful for the opportunity and excited for our future.”
AM Racing PR
AM Racing and Austin Wayne Self Looking for More at Iowa
Latest from Steven B. Wilson
- AUDIO: Steve O'Donnell 2020 NASCAR Cup Series Schedule Change Conference
- Jeff Gordon and Brad Keselowski Break Down the 2020 NASCAR Schedule Changes
- Dover International Speedway to host two NASCAR tripleheader weekends in 2020 on May 1-3 and Aug. 21-23
- Annual NASCAR Event Moving to Fourth of July Weekend in 2020 on IMS Oval
- NASCAR Unveils 2020 Schedule for Cup Series