Career best Top-10 finish for Rico Abreu at Martinsville
Rico Abreu Race Recap:
The No. 98 Safelite/CURB Records Toyota Tundra driver started 20th and finished a career best 10th in Saturday's Alpha Energy Solutions 250 at Martinsville (Va.) Speedway. Abreu, who was making his track debut at the "paperclip," got shuffled back early on, but navigated his way through traffic battling a loose Toyota Tundra. Crew chief Doug George brought the No. 98 machine to pit road, under caution, for four tires and fuel at laps 93, 135, and 187, respectively. In the caution-filled final 59 laps of the 250-lap event, Abreu exercised patience as he worked his way up from 20th, to finish 10th - a career-best finish in five NASCAR Camping World Truck Series starts.
"I'm definitely happy with our Safelite Auto Glass Toyota Tundra team. Just a solid run. We put together a strong day. I started out slow, but we worked our way to the front there at the end. If we had some restarts go our way, we could have finished a little better - just the difference between starting on the outside and the inside. Just really tried to pace myself and not wear myself out. This track is really tough and I'm glad everyone had a good finish."
Latest from Speedway Digest Staff
- Statement from Richmond Raceway President Dennis Bickmeier on Seven-Time NASCAR Cup Series Champion Jimmie Johnson
- Statement from NASCAR Chairman & CEO Jim France on Jimmie Johnson retirement
- FOX NASCAR Analysts React to Jimmie Johnson's Announced Retirement Following 2020 NASCAR Season
- IMS Salutes Four-Time Brickyard Winner Johnson upon Retirement Announcement
- Route 66 Raceway announces 2020 major event schedule
More in this category: « Cameron Hayley - 2016 Martinsville Speedway Recap Ben Rhodes - 2016 Martinsville Speedway Recap »