Contreras Motorsports Debuts at Daytona
The first practice sessions of the inaugural race of the 2016 NASCAR Camping World Truck Series season were held yesterday at Daytona, marking the official debut of Contreras Motorsports in the series.
With the support of mixed martial arts promoter Bellator MMA, the no. 71 truck ran for the first time at the legendary Daytona International Speedway with Carlos Contreras behind the wheel, who will be making his seventh start at the track this evening.
Contreras completed 12 laps and was 16th fastest in the final practice, leaving the Bellator MMA Chevrolet Silverado ready for today’s qualifying and race.
In the first practice of the day, Carlos finished 28th. This session helped the crew get adjusted to the integration of the truck, considering it’s a new team.
Yesterday’s practice sessions also marked the debut of Tim Andrews as crew chief of Contreras Motorsports, who has done a great job getting the Bellator MMA Silverado up to speed.
Qualifying will be held today at 4:30pm ET, while the start of the NextEra Energy 250 will be at 7:30pm ET. Both will be broadcasted on FS1 in the United States and Fox Sports 3 in Latin America.
Contreras Motorsports PR
Latest from Steven B. Wilson
- Pagenaud captures Indy 500 pole; Alonso ousted in Last Row Shootout
- $1000-to-win for Street Stocks this coming Saturday at Mahoning Valley Speedway
- Menard Finishes Seventh In Monster Energy Open
- 103rd Indianapolis 500 Starting Lineup
- Chandler Smith Dominates Rain-Shortened Sioux Chief PowerPEX 200 presented by Federated Car Care at Toledo Speedway