National Motorsports Appeals Panel Statement
The National Motorsports Appeals Panel today heard and considered the appeal of a P4 level penalty issued on Oct. 28 to Shane Huffman (crew chief), Brandon Jones (driver) and Maurice Gallagher Jr. (owner) relative to the No. 33 NASCAR Camping World Truck Series team at Talladega Superspeedway.
The penalty concerns the following sections in the 2015 NASCAR Rule Book: Sections 18.104.22.168; 20.20.a; 20.4.f; P4, 22.214.171.124. b&d, Penalty Options; P4, 126.96.36.199.1 d&f, Penalty Examples.
The original penalty assessed included: Huffman was fined $10,000, suspended for the next three NASCAR Camping World Truck Series Championship events, plus any non-championship races or special events which might occur during that period, and placed on NASCAR probation for a six-month period following the issuance of the penalty. Jones and Gallagher Jr. were also assessed with the loss of 25 championship driver and 25 championship owner points, respectively.
Upon hearing the testimony, the decisions of the National Motorsports Appeals Panel are:
- The Appellants violated the Rule or Rules set forth in the Penalty Notice
- The Panel finds that the suspension portion of the Penalty for the crew chief should not last beyond the current season in this special case because of the delay in the originally scheduled hearing. All other portions of the original Penalty as levied by NASCAR (e.g.; owner points; driver points; fine; probation) are affirmed and upheld.
The panel consisted of the following three individuals:
Mr. David Hall
-Mr. Hunter Nickell
-Mr. Kevin Whitaker
The Appellants have the right to appeal the decision of the National Motorsports Appeals Panel to the National Motorsports Final Appeals Officer in accordance with Section 15 of the NASCAR Rule Book.
Latest from Steven B. Wilson
- Five Drivers Will Highlight Pre-Race Experience at Martinsville Speedway During First Data 500 Weekend
- 100 years of racing at New York's Orange County Speedway to be showcased at PPB Motorsports 2020
- Veteran Swindell Can Join Legends List At Springfield Race On Sunday
- Solaris Motorsport restarts from Hockenheim
- Mazola, Roush Fenway, Rescue Ranch Partner for Fall Events