Brian Wong will be making his NASCAR Camping World Truck Series debut on Sunday driving for Venturini Motorsports north of the border at Canadian Tire Motorsports Park located in Bowmanville, Ontario.
Wong, 26-years old, is believed to be the first Chinese American to compete within any of the top-3 tiers of NASCAR. Wong, a native of Newport Beach, California, is a veteran of road racing and stock cars.
“Words cannot express my excitement for this weekend,” stated Wong. “This is by far the most high profile event in my stock car career and to say I’m looking forward to it would be an understatement. The NASCAR Camping World Truck Series offers some of the best racing in the world and driving a vehicle like that at Canadian Tire Motorsport Park where you really have to be on your toes the whole time should make for a very challenging weekend.”
Practice Results from Canadian Tire Motorsports Park
Brian Wong finished 17th in the first of two scheduled practice sessions at Canadian Tire Motorsports Park. Wong completed 11-laps during the 55-minute session with a fast lap of 106.825 / 82.868 seconds on the 2.459 mile course.
Sponsors on Board
His core sponsoring organization, World Stage Racing, has partnered with renowned celebrity Chef David Chang and his award-winning restaurant, Momofuku. Momofuku, with locations in New York City, Toronto and Sydney, has been featured on San Pellegino’s Top-50 restaurants for five straight years.
“Having Momofuku on board only makes it that much sweeter. Anyone who is familiar with their restaurants knows why it’s a huge honor to represent them this weekend. The quality of their dining experience, combined with their unique approach to customer engagement, lines up perfectly with our brand.”
Chinese American, Brian Wong, to make NASCAR Debut at Canadian Tire Motorsports Park
Latest from Speedway Digest Staff
- NBC Sports NASCAR Hot Pass presents hyper-focused simulcast coverage over 2019 Championship Four contenders on NBCSN
- Cole Custer and No. 00 Haas Automation Team Vie for 2019 NASCAR Xfinity Series Championship
- Kevin Harvick and No. 4 Busch Light Team Vie for 2019 Monster Energy NASCAR Cup Series Championship
- SS Green Light Racing Continues to Impress with Top-15 Runs in Phoenix
- Special Edition Championship 4 News & Notes - NASCAR Xfinity Series & NASCAR Gander Outdoors Truck Series