Tyler Reddick Pocono Raceway Recap
Three might by Tyler Reddick's lucky number.
Reddick (@tylerreddick) scored a third place finish after three attempts at a green-white-checkered finish in the Pocono Mountains 150 Saturday afternoon at Pocono (Pa.) Raceway. He claimed his eighth top five finish in 12 races this season and grabbed the lead in the NASCAR Camping World Truck Series championship standings by a margin of 11 points.
Reddick has the lead in the championship standings for the third race this season and for the first time since Atlanta (Hampton, Ga.) Motor Speedway (race No. 2).
Tyler started sixth and ran inside the top five for the majority of the 69 lap race at the 2.5 mile speedway. He was sixth when the second caution slowed the race on lap 50. One lap later crew chief Doug Randolph called his driver to pit road for four tires and adjustments. The strategic move by Randolph gave Reddick fresher tires than his rivals for the final dash to the finish. He lined up 10th when the race went green on lap 53.
The final 16 laps featured three cautions and some action packed restarts - all of which worked to Reddick's advantage - as the race pushed past the advertised distance and into overtime.
Tyler was eighth when the third caution set up the first attempt at a green-white-checkered finish on lap 59 and was fifth when the yellow waved on lap 61 for an accident in Turn 1. Tyler was moving through traffic when another crash slowed the race on lap 64.
NASCAR officials determined Reddick was sixth at the time of the caution and he took the green there on lap 67. Reddick took full advantage of the final restart, slicing his way through traffic to grab third when the field took the white flag on lap 68 and he held firm over the final lap.
Latest from Speedway Digest Staff
- Christian Eckes and Billy Venturini Headline ARCA Menards Series Championship Awards Banquet
- Sonoma Raceway Spreads Holiday Cheer to More than 300 Children at “Race to the Holidays” Christmas Party
- Sioux Chief to Sponsor ARCA’s “Showdown” Series
- GMS Racing Announces Full-Time Crew Chief and Numbers Assignments for the 2020 Season
- Richmond Raceway Strikes Renewal with Go Bowling for 2020 Fall NASCAR Xfinity Series Regular Season Championship Race Entitlement