Erik Jones wins the American Ethanol 200 at Iowa Speedway
After coming close numerous occasions throughout this season, Erik Jones finally captured his first win of the 2015 NASCAR Camping World Truck Series season. The victory earned the Michigan native his second win at the 0.875-mile oval in central Iowa.
“It’s been a long time coming,” said Jones in victory lane. “It sure feels good to get a win here at Iowa. This is kind of where we turned our season last year.”
Jones, who started the evening from the pole, finished the night with a margin of victory by 5.861 seconds over Brandon Jones in second. Jones fell shy of the win in several races this season, including Gateway last weekend.
“We’ve had fast trucks,” Jones said. “Things just haven’t been happening. Just kept fighting the good fight and waited for it to come around.”
Matt Crafton, who came into the race tonight searching for his third win of the season, battled with Tyler Reddick for the third-place finishing position in the closing laps. Crafton was not able to get around Reddick and had to settle for fourth.
Christopher Bell, who made his NASCAR Camping World Truck Series debut with Kyle Busch Motorsports, started his career off with a solid race. Bell had a clean race with a fifth-place finish after starting the night in 10th.
Crafton continues to lead the series point’s standings by 12 point’s over Tyler Reddick. Erik Jones moves up into third with the win on Friday night. Johnny Sauter will drop back into fourth after some trouble on the track.
The next race for the NASCAR Camping World Truck Series will be at the Kentucky Speedway on July 9. Fans can watch the race on FOX Sports 1 and FOX Sports Go. You can also listen to the race on Motor Racing Network.
Christine Valdez has been following the world of sports from a very young age and it was her love for sports that led her to career insports journalism. As a Kean University alumni with a degree in Communications ,she has covered various sporting events within college sports, MLS, MLB, and, NASCAR.
Over the years her work has been featured in various publications, with some of most recent work being featured on NJTV News, RantSports and New Jersey Newsroom.
Latest from Christine Valdez
- Martin Truex Jr, Furniture Row Racing Beat the Odds In 2015
- Matt Crafton wins at Homestead, as Erik Jones captures Truck Series Championship
- History in the Making in Truck Series Finale at Homestead
- Timothy Peters Wins Lucas Oil 150 at Phoenix, As Championship Contenders Made Contact
- Matt Crafton Closes Gap In Championship Race With Win In Martinsville
- NCS: Brad Keselowski wins Coca-Cola 600 in overtime
- Harvick Claims Victory in NASCAR's Return at Darlington
- NCS: Matt Kenseth to replace Larson in the No. 42 for remainder of season
- NXS: Brandon Jones wins Xfinity Series race at Phoenix
- NXS: Chase Briscoe wins rain delayed Xfinty Series race at Las Vegas