Johnny Sauter the cream of the crop at Iowa Speedway
As the series embarks on the ninth race of the season at Iowa Speedway in Newton, Sauter, a short-track racing "shoe" looks to continue his string of top-five finishes in 2015. In eight starts at Iowa Speedway, Sauter has six top-five's. In fact, the ThorSport Racing driver leads all active NCWTS drivers with the most top-five finishes (6), making him the "cream of the crop" at the 7/8-mile track.
Sounding Off - Johnny Sauter:
"When we first started going to Iowa (Speedway), I don't remember using a lot of brake, it was more of a momentum type race track. Anymore, it's a handling race track and I consider it pretty rough from what it was five years ago. The groove has widened out tremendously, and you see people running all over the race track. It's a short track. It races to me a lot like Richmond does, and I've been pretty successful at Richmond. I've had six top-five finishes at Iowa, no wins, but it's a cool race track, great atmosphere, and I just like the place."
Latest from Steven B. Wilson
- Lucas Oil Late Model Doubleheader Weekend Canceled
- SCC, Ballad Health and Niswongers Children's Hospital Partner To Create New Initiative Aimed At Improving The Lives of The Region's Children
- Comcast Bringing Back Popular "Watch Us Watch NASCAR" To @Xfinity On Twitter For NASCAR Xfinity Series Race At Dover International Speedway
- Grossi and Nascimento Partner To Field Holmes At Madera
- Legendary Foyt Cements Legacy with Bronze Brick at IMS