Justin Boston Ready to Return to Racing at Kansas
Coming off a nearly six-week hiatus in the NASCAR Camping World Truck Series schedule, Justin Boston is looking to pick up where he left off at Martinsville Speedway back in March. Boston earned his first career top-10 finish in the Truck Series, which helped him improve five positions to 13th in the driver point standings. He intends to keep that momentum going this weekend at Kansas Speedway, the second intermediate-track race of the 2015 season.
Kyle Busch Motorsports' (KBM) drivers have collected one win, one pole, 492 laps led, three top-five and five top-10 finishes resulting in an average finish of 11.3 across nine starts at Kansas. Owner-driver Kyle Busch won the 2014 event from the pole after leading 104 laps for KBM's only win at the 1.5-mile oval. This year Boston and his KBM teammates Erik Jones and Daniel Suarez will try to add to those totals.
Although Boston has never raced a truck at Kansas, he does have experience from two races there in the ARCA Racing Series. Boston earned one top-five (fifth, 2013) and two top-10 finishes (seventh, 2014) in his two starts at Kansas for an average finish of sixth. That experience will surely be valuable to the rookie contender as he prepares for 167 laps under the lights Friday night.
Boston will be driving a new No. 54 ZLOOP® Tundra at Kansas, KBM-030. KBM used the break in the schedule to build this new truck, not only for Boston to race at Kansas, but it is also currently scheduled to take to the track next weekend at Charlotte (N.C.) Motor Speedway as well.
Latest from Speedway Digest Staff
- Christian Eckes and Billy Venturini Headline ARCA Menards Series Championship Awards Banquet
- Sonoma Raceway Spreads Holiday Cheer to More than 300 Children at “Race to the Holidays” Christmas Party
- Sioux Chief to Sponsor ARCA’s “Showdown” Series
- GMS Racing Announces Full-Time Crew Chief and Numbers Assignments for the 2020 Season
- Richmond Raceway Strikes Renewal with Go Bowling for 2020 Fall NASCAR Xfinity Series Regular Season Championship Race Entitlement