Travis Kvapil, 2003 NASCAR Camping World Truck Series Champion will be taking over driving duties in the No. 50 Burnie Grill Chevrolet Silverado. Starting at the Toyota Tundra 250 at Kansas Speedway, Kvapil will join the MAKE operation filling the seat that was formly held by Cody Ware.
Travis Kvapil stated, “'I’m looking forward to driving the 50 for MAKE motorsports. They are a small team looking to grow and and become a stronger team. I'm excited to be partnered with them to help contribute to that effort. I've had a lot of success in the truck series in the past and I feel confident that we can get stronger as the season
progresses. I want to thank Burnie Grills for staying with us and partnering for the long haul.”
Cody Ware has recently decided to take a break from racing to go to college full time persuing a pre-medicine degree. MAKE and its team which they refer to themselves as a family wish Cody all the best in college.
Mark Beaver, co-owner of MAKE Motorsports stated, “We are proud of him for securing his future. I know that the decision to leave racing had to be a tough one. He will always be apart of our MAKE family.”
Burnie Grills is the new all wood, self-burning grill will continue to be the primary sponsor on the No. 50 Chevrolet Silverado. Associate sponsors will continue to be Bubba Burger, AKL Insurance, WIX Filters, and Elite Holdings.
Travis Kvapil will take the green at Kansas Speedway on May 8th at the Toyota Tundra 250 in the No. 50 Burnie Grill Chevrolet.
MAKE Motorsports PR
Travis Kvapil to Drive the No. 50 for MAKE
Latest from Steven B. Wilson
- Dual Dashes Settle NASCAR Modified, Winged Sprint Champions at Meridian Speedway
- Springfield (IL) Mile To Come Alive Sunday For USAC Silver Crown Race
- Talladega Superspeedway and Clyde May’s Whiskey Extend Partnership, Introduce Clyde May’s Courtyard in Brand-New Talladega Garage Experience Debuting this October
- INDYCAR Owners Know What It Takes To Win At Laguna Seca
- NASCAR Playoffs Race Weekend, Presented by Who’s Your Driver, at Richmond Raceway Preview