Cameron Hayley ready for Daytona debut with Thorsport Racing
Just two weeks after signing with ThorSport Racing to drive the No. 13 Cabinets by Hayley Toyota Tundra, Cameron Hayley will embark on his first full-time stint in the NASCAR Camping World Truck Series (NCWTS). Hayley will kick-off his rookie season in Friday night's NextEra Energy Resources 250 at Daytona (Fla.) International Speedway (DIS). The 18-year-old driver, who will be making his debut at DIS, will also compete for Sunoco Rookie of the Year honors in 2015.
Cameron Hayley on First Start at Daytona:
"I'm really excited to be racing at Daytona for the first time. The opportunity to work with such vast talent at ThorSport Racing is a dream come true for me. ThorSport Racing is a championship-winning team with great resources and equipment. I know I'll lean heavily on my crew chief Jeff Hensley, who has a long history in this sport, and I'm sure I will rely on my teammates Matt (Crafton) and Johnny (Sauter) as well. They both have had a lot of success at Daytona and any advice they can give me will be beneficial. Our goal is to learn as much as we can in every practice and see what we can do to get a good finish for the No. 13 Cabinets by Hayley team Friday night."
Latest from Steven B. Wilson
- NBC Sports Surrounds 103rd Indianapolis 500 Presented by Gainbridge With Nearly 50 Hours of Coverage This Week on NBC And NBCSN
- NASCAR Pays Homage to Military Heroes in Return of NASCAR Salutes Refreshed by Coca-Cola
- PEAK Coolant & Antifreeze Joins Bowyer for Special Weekend
- MAVTV Late Models Return To Madera For Military Tribute Night
- Michael Self Turns Up the Heat Heads to Charlotte Next