Cameron Hayley ready for Daytona debut with Thorsport Racing
Just two weeks after signing with ThorSport Racing to drive the No. 13 Cabinets by Hayley Toyota Tundra, Cameron Hayley will embark on his first full-time stint in the NASCAR Camping World Truck Series (NCWTS). Hayley will kick-off his rookie season in Friday night's NextEra Energy Resources 250 at Daytona (Fla.) International Speedway (DIS). The 18-year-old driver, who will be making his debut at DIS, will also compete for Sunoco Rookie of the Year honors in 2015.
Cameron Hayley on First Start at Daytona:
"I'm really excited to be racing at Daytona for the first time. The opportunity to work with such vast talent at ThorSport Racing is a dream come true for me. ThorSport Racing is a championship-winning team with great resources and equipment. I know I'll lean heavily on my crew chief Jeff Hensley, who has a long history in this sport, and I'm sure I will rely on my teammates Matt (Crafton) and Johnny (Sauter) as well. They both have had a lot of success at Daytona and any advice they can give me will be beneficial. Our goal is to learn as much as we can in every practice and see what we can do to get a good finish for the No. 13 Cabinets by Hayley team Friday night."
Latest from Speedway Digest Staff
- NASCAR and Rev Racing Announce 2020 NASCAR Drive for Diversity Driver Development Team
- After Successful Season With New Engine Rules, 2020 Looks Bright For South Boston Speedway’s Limited Sportsman Division
- LocAL Flavor – Construction of Talladega Superspeedway’s Transformation Infield Project Presented by Graybar Home for Many Alabama-Based Companies
- Annual MIS Cares Track and Toy Drive is Dec. 7
- Now Open at the IMS Museum: ‘From the Vault’ Presented by Bank of America