Burton aims to finish the season strong at Homestead
Jeb Burton is looking to finish his first full-time season with ThorSport Racing on a high note in the NASCAR Camping World Truck Series (NCWTS) season finale at Homestead-Miami (Fla.) Speedway (HMS) on Friday. Burton posted a third-place finish in his only NCWTS start at HMS last year, and brings momentum from a second-place finish two weeks ago at Texas Motor Speedway in Fort Worth (TMS) into the 2014 finale.
Intermediate race tracks have been the No. 13 Estes Express Toyota team's "bread and butter" in 2014. Burton's season-best finish came two weeks ago on the 1.5-mile track at TMS, and Burton has an average finish of 5.0 in the last three NCWTS races at 1.5-mile tracks. Altogether, Burton has scored three top-10 and five top-12 finishes on the particular style track this season. Burton hopes to combine his recent momentum on intermediate tracks with the strength of his third-place result at HMS in 2013 to break into victory lane in south Florida.
Sounding Off - Jeb Burton:
"There have been a lot of ups and downs this season for our Estes Express Toyota team. Jeriod (Price) and the guys have worked real hard all year, but we've wanted more results. It would be awesome to end 2014 with a win. At Texas, we showed that this team is capable of winning races. I finished third at Homestead last year, and have put together good finishes on intermediate tracks during the second half of the season. I'm excited to get on track and finish up the season on a high note. Hopefully we can be in contention for the win on Friday night."
Latest from Speedway Digest Staff
- Statement from Richmond Raceway President Dennis Bickmeier on Seven-Time NASCAR Cup Series Champion Jimmie Johnson
- Statement from NASCAR Chairman & CEO Jim France on Jimmie Johnson retirement
- FOX NASCAR Analysts React to Jimmie Johnson's Announced Retirement Following 2020 NASCAR Season
- IMS Salutes Four-Time Brickyard Winner Johnson upon Retirement Announcement
- Route 66 Raceway announces 2020 major event schedule