German Quiroga Finishes 26th at Phoenix
With only two races remaining in the 2014 NASCAR Camping World Truck Series, the No. 77 NET10 Wireless Toyota Tundra team arrived at Phoenix International Raceway eager to take the checkered flag. The team unloaded a fast blue and white machine, with Germán Quiroga finishing fourth in the first of two practice sessions on Thursday, Nov. 6. In the final minutes of the final practice session Quiroga spun and hit the outside wall. The crew worked tirelessly on Thursday evening to prepare the back-up truck for the NASCAR 150. With the back-up truck race-ready, the team arrived to the one-mile race track for a two-round knock-out qualifying session, where Quiroga posted the 24th-quickest speed. As the teams made their way to the trucks for the start of the race, the lights at the Avondale, Arizona race track went out. After an hour delay, the lights came back on and the green flag was displayed. Quiroga was driving down the frontstretch and about to take the green flag when the field in front of him checked up, causing front end damage to the No. 77 Toyota Tundra. The team headed to the garage to make the necessary repairs in order to finish the race. Quiroga returned to the race track on lap 45 of 150 in the 32nd position. Despite battling poor handling conditions due to the damage, Quiroga fought his way through the field to finish his night in the 29th-spot.
Start - 24
Finish - 29
Diver Point Position - 7
Laps Led - 0
Germán Quiroga Quote:
"I can't believe the weekend we had here at Phoenix (International Raceway). From hitting the wall in practice to the incident on lap 1, it seems like nothing could go our way. My team worked so hard all weekend and I can't thank them and my crew chief Butch (Hylton) enough. We'll head to Homestead (Miami Speedway) next weekend and hopefully finish the season strong."
Latest from Steven B. Wilson
- Pit Stop of a Different Kind: International Motorsports Hall of Fame Outside Talladega Superspeedway a Must Visit This Week
- Starting Times Announced For Eldora Season Opener
- What’s Happenin’?! It’s Race Week at Talladega Superspeedway – Drivers and Fans Anxious for All that Awaits during Tripleheader Weekend
- Pit Viper Sunglasses To Serve As Primary Sponsor For Vinnie Miller and The No. 78 BJ McLeod Motorsports Team In Talladega
- Skillet & Sevendust to Rock Virginia Credit Union LIVE! at Richmond Raceway on Tuesday, August 13