Townley Ready for Double Duty at PIR
As the 2014 NASCAR season nears a close the top tier series head to the last short track of the year at Phoenix International Raceway. John Wes Townley will race in two of the top three series Friday, November 7th in the Lucas Oil 150 NASCAR Camping World Trucks Series and the DAV 200 Honoring America’s Veterans NASCAR Nationwide Series race Saturday, November 8, 2014 on the one-mile Avondale, Arizona track.
Townley has three previous Nationwide Series and three NASCAR Camping World Truck Series starts with a best finish of 13th place in 2012. Despite not typically favoring Phoenix International Raceway, Townley but is optimistic about heading to the one-mile track in the Valley of the Sun.
“I can’t say I don’t like Phoenix, but I can say I sure don’t like how it has treated me in the past,” John Wes Townley said. “We’ve been in a few positions to have some decent finishes but our luck there just wasn’t with us in the end. Hopefully, we can turn that luck around this weekend. I owe it to my Athenian Motorsports teammates, at the track and at the shop, and especially Zaxby’s. I’d like to give them all a solid finish each of these last few races.”
The Lucas Oil 150 is slated for Friday, November 7th and the DAV 200 Honoring America’s Veterans NASCAR Nationwide Series race will be run Saturday, November 8, 2014.
Athenian Motorsports PR
Latest from Steven B. Wilson
- Thrill Seekers: Prepare To Go Over The Edge For A Worthy Cause At The Last Great Colosseum
- Iconic Names of Gordon, Earnhardt Jr. Rule the 2000s at Talladega
- Newman, No. 6 Team Quite the Buzz, but Hungry for More
- Defending ARCA Menards Series Champion Sheldon Creed to be Inducted into International Motorsports Hall of Fame ARCA Wall of Champions
- Late Model Drivers Looking Forward, Not To The Past Headed Into Saturday’s South Boston Race