Alex Tagliani Canadian Tire Motorsport Park 2014 Post-Race
Tagliani grabbed the top starting spot in his first NASCAR Camping World Truck Series attempt race and made it look easy. His best lap in the final session (80.558 seconds, 109.889 mph) was .433 seconds better than the second place starter. The pole was the second for Brad Keselowski Racing in the last three NCWTS events.
Unfortunately, mechanical gremlins zapped Tagliani in the race. Alex led the first seven laps of the race but began to experience throttle problems just before his first scheduled pit stop under green on lap 8. Despite this issue, he scrambled his way back to fourth place when he made his final green flag stop on lap 38 and was poised to finish inside the top five when he spun in Turn 5 on lap 53, bringing out the second and final caution of the race. Tagliani would recover and post a 16th place finish.
Latest from Speedway Digest Staff
- NBC Sports NASCAR Hot Pass presents hyper-focused simulcast coverage over 2019 Championship Four contenders on NBCSN
- Cole Custer and No. 00 Haas Automation Team Vie for 2019 NASCAR Xfinity Series Championship
- Kevin Harvick and No. 4 Busch Light Team Vie for 2019 Monster Energy NASCAR Cup Series Championship
- SS Green Light Racing Continues to Impress with Top-15 Runs in Phoenix
- Special Edition Championship 4 News & Notes - NASCAR Xfinity Series & NASCAR Gander Outdoors Truck Series