Career best Bristol for Tyler Young
In a season outlined on gaining experience, Tyler Young continued his consistent rookie season at Bristol Motor Speedway (BMS), posting a track best 18th-place finish in the rain delayed UNOH 200 on Thursday morning. The Young's Motorsports driver had two previous starts at the .533-mile oval in the NASCAR Camping World Truck Series (NCWTS), and dramatically improved his performance and result, earning the Sunoco Rookie of the Race award for the second consecutive week.
Young illustrated his team's improved performance and experience at BMS by putting up the first sub-15 second lap in Wednesday afternoon's lone practice session. After having to wait through a long rain delay that postponed the event, Young took the green flag from the 26th position and immediately moved forward, advancing as high as 21st on the score board. After losing a lap under green, Young received the "free pass" at the lap 50 competition caution, placing the Sunoco Rookie back on the lead lap. The Young's Motorsports driver battled a tight-handling Chevrolet Silverado for the remainder of the 200-lap event to cross the stripe in the 18th position behind race winner Brad Keselowski. The solid effort marked Young's eighth finish inside the top-20 in the last nine NCWTS races, and his career best BMS result.
Young Motorsports PR
Latest from Speedway Digest Staff
- AM Racing and Austin Wayne Self eager for Charlotte showdown
- Sunday's BMS Cup Series race named Food City Presents Supermarket Heroes 500 to honor grocery store front-line workers
- Local Racing Classes To Return To Federated I-55 Speedway This Saturday Night
- Clauson Marshall Racing and Tyler Courtney to run 2020 Eldora Dirt Derby
- Kevin Harvick Another Race, Another Top-10 Finish