Chris Rice joins NTS Motorsports as Competition Director
NTS Motorsports Vice President of Operations announced earlier today that Chris Rice will serve as Competition Director and crew chief of the No.20 Chevrolet Silverado. Rice joins NTS Motorsports with 25 years of experience in NASCAR, including 11 years as a crew chief in the NASCAR Nationwide Series.
Chris Rice will serve as crew chief for Austin Dillon and the No.20 Qore-24 Chevrolet starting this Saturday, August 16th at Michigan International Raceway and Gray Gaulding in the No.20 Gemini Southern Chevrolet at Bristol Motor Speedway on August 20th, 2014.
Chris Rice of South Boston, Virginia grew up watching his father (Allen Rice) work his way through the NASCAR ladder since he was born while Rice's mother (Cathy Rice) serves as general manager of South Boston Speedway.
"I have kept my eye on NTS Motorsports and watched them grow over the past few years" said Chris Rice "they have a great stable of drivers that continue to impress me week in and week out."
"We are proud to have Chris Rice join us at NTS Motorsports" said Dwayne Gaulding "I have known Chris (Rice) and his family for several years and have been impressed with his attitude and demeanor. Chris will be a great asset to NTS Motorsports on both sides of competition in the Camping World Truck Series and K&N Pro Series. Bob Newberry and myself look forward to Chris' positive attitude and how it will spread throughout the shop."
NTS Motorsports PR
Latest from Speedway Digest Staff
- Statement from Richmond Raceway President Dennis Bickmeier on Seven-Time NASCAR Cup Series Champion Jimmie Johnson
- Statement from NASCAR Chairman & CEO Jim France on Jimmie Johnson retirement
- FOX NASCAR Analysts React to Jimmie Johnson's Announced Retirement Following 2020 NASCAR Season
- IMS Salutes Four-Time Brickyard Winner Johnson upon Retirement Announcement
- Route 66 Raceway announces 2020 major event schedule