Flat tire snuffs a solid run for Sauter at Iowa
The American Ethanol 200 at Iowa Speedway in Newton was the ninth race on the 2014 NASCAR Camping World Truck Series (NCWTS) schedule for Johnny Sauter and his ThorSport Racing team. Although, the seasoned veteran has seen his fair share of success at the 7/8-mile track, Sauter's day seemed to be as gloomy as the weather that plagued the Midwestern track most of the afternoon. Fighting a Tundra that was "plowing in the corners," the Wisconsin native struggled to find the balance he needed to continue his strong performance in the Hawkeye State.
Starting from the outside of row nine, in the18th position, Sauter ran as high as 10th and as low as 26th throughout the 200-lap event. Scored 12th, just past the halfway mark, the ThorSport Racing driver was forced to bring his SmokeySnuff.com Tundra to pit road under green at lap 115 for a flat right front tire. The unfortunate chain of events mired the No.98 team multiple laps down to the race leaders and relegated Sauter to an 18th-place finish, two laps down to race winner, Erik Jones.
Latest from Steven B. Wilson
- Full Speed Ahead Michael Self, Sinclair Oil Make Bid for Third Victory of Season at Talladega
- Michael Self Hunting ARCA Menards Series Hat Trick at Talladega
- Clint Bowyer Talladega: A Fitting Weekend for Vehicle Repair Coverage
- Pit Stop of a Different Kind: International Motorsports Hall of Fame Outside Talladega Superspeedway a Must Visit This Week
- Starting Times Announced For Eldora Season Opener