Flat tire snuffs a solid run for Sauter at Iowa
The American Ethanol 200 at Iowa Speedway in Newton was the ninth race on the 2014 NASCAR Camping World Truck Series (NCWTS) schedule for Johnny Sauter and his ThorSport Racing team. Although, the seasoned veteran has seen his fair share of success at the 7/8-mile track, Sauter's day seemed to be as gloomy as the weather that plagued the Midwestern track most of the afternoon. Fighting a Tundra that was "plowing in the corners," the Wisconsin native struggled to find the balance he needed to continue his strong performance in the Hawkeye State.
Starting from the outside of row nine, in the18th position, Sauter ran as high as 10th and as low as 26th throughout the 200-lap event. Scored 12th, just past the halfway mark, the ThorSport Racing driver was forced to bring his SmokeySnuff.com Tundra to pit road under green at lap 115 for a flat right front tire. The unfortunate chain of events mired the No.98 team multiple laps down to the race leaders and relegated Sauter to an 18th-place finish, two laps down to race winner, Erik Jones.
Latest from Speedway Digest Staff
- Bednar and Strada fastest in Trenton Indoor Racing practice, races set for Friday and Saturday nights
- Modoc Hosts Championship Race Next Saturday
- Actor Martin Kove Named Grand Marshal - NASCAR Xfinity Race
- Justin Hartley to drive the pace car for Pennzoil 400
- NBC Sports to present more than 300 hours of IndyCar coverage in 2020 highlighten by 104th running of the Indianapolis 500 on NBC