Ryan Blaney Kentucky Post-Race
Ryan Blaney (@RyanBlaney22), driver of the No. 29 Cooper Standard CareersForVeterans.org Ford F-150, scored a third place finish in Thursday night's UNOH 225 at Kentucky Speedway. Blaney claimed his fourth top five in eight races this season and climbed up to fourth in the NCWTS championship standings, 12 points behind the leader. He claimed his second top five finish in three races at Kentucky.
Blaney started 10th and had his hands full early in the race with the handling characteristics on his No. 29 Cooper Standard CareerForVeterans.org Ford F-150. But he and crew chief Chad Kendrick worked together and steadily improved the truck during the 150-lap race. The team made great improvements with every adjustment, coupled with good work on pit road Blaney was in contention for the victory.
As the race entered its closing stages Blaney was running a strong second when the sixth and final caution came out on lap 140. When the race went green on lap 143, Blaney was stacked three wide on the restart but quickly recovered to finish third.
Latest from Speedway Digest Staff
- 2020 DIRTcar Summer Nationals Tour Features 29 Events In 33 Nights
- United States Auto Club .25 Series Joins NTT IndyCar Series Weekend at Richmond Raceway on June 25-28, 2020
- Xpel joins defending IndyCar Series champion Newgarden and Team Penske
- Kentucky chapter of Speedway Children's Charities awards $97,000 in grant funding to local non-profits
- Front Row Motorsports Announces 2020 Driver and Team Lineup