Ryan Blaney Kentucky Post-Race
Ryan Blaney (@RyanBlaney22), driver of the No. 29 Cooper Standard CareersForVeterans.org Ford F-150, scored a third place finish in Thursday night's UNOH 225 at Kentucky Speedway. Blaney claimed his fourth top five in eight races this season and climbed up to fourth in the NCWTS championship standings, 12 points behind the leader. He claimed his second top five finish in three races at Kentucky.
Blaney started 10th and had his hands full early in the race with the handling characteristics on his No. 29 Cooper Standard CareerForVeterans.org Ford F-150. But he and crew chief Chad Kendrick worked together and steadily improved the truck during the 150-lap race. The team made great improvements with every adjustment, coupled with good work on pit road Blaney was in contention for the victory.
As the race entered its closing stages Blaney was running a strong second when the sixth and final caution came out on lap 140. When the race went green on lap 143, Blaney was stacked three wide on the restart but quickly recovered to finish third.
Latest from Speedway Digest Staff
- AM Racing, Austin Wayne Self hope to continue recent strides at Michigan
- CarParts.com Expands Partnership with Michael McDowell
- Speedway Motorsports Cooks Up Summer Fun with Nexgrill Promotion
- Laine Hardy to perform virtual National Anthem prior to Consumers Energy 400 at Michigan International Speedway
- Aric Almirola Consistency Continues Ahead of Michigan Doubleheader