Townley Set to Take-On TMS in Zaxby's Tundra
John Wes Townley is ready to take on Texas Motor Speedway Friday, June 6, 2014 for the running of the WinStar World Casino 400 NASCAR Camping World Truck Series race in the No. 5 Zaxby’s Toyota Tundra.
Townley lists the 1.5-mile Texas Motor Speedway as one of his top-five favorite racetracks. He has two prior NASCAR Nationwide Series starts and four NASCAR Camping World Truck Series starts on the Fort Worth, Texas racetrack, posting a best finish of ninth-place in 2013.
“Texas is one of my favorite racetracks,” John Wes Townley said. ”It is shaped like Charlotte (Motor Speedway) and handles how Charlotte should handle. Charlotte varies so much on how a race vehicle handles and is unpredictable. Texas, if you have a good race car or race truck you can get in to a rhythm much easier. I’m looking forward to the race and hope to best my finish for Wauters Motorsports and Zaxby’s.
Team owner, Richie Wauters has one victory (Kyle Busch 2009), five top-5 and eight top-10 finishes at TMS in 17 starts with nine different drivers.
The WinStar World Casino 400 NASCAR Camping World Truck Series race is slated to begin at 8:00pm (CT) on Friday, June 6, 2014. Fox Sports 1 broadcast will race coverage at 7:30pm along with live radio coverage beginning at 7:45 pm on MRN & Sirius Satellite NASCAR Radio Channel 90. Fox Sports 1 will televise qualifying on Friday, June 6, 2014 at 4:10pm (CT).
Wauters Motorsports PR
Latest from Steven B. Wilson
- Five Drivers Will Highlight Pre-Race Experience at Martinsville Speedway During First Data 500 Weekend
- 100 years of racing at New York's Orange County Speedway to be showcased at PPB Motorsports 2020
- Veteran Swindell Can Join Legends List At Springfield Race On Sunday
- Solaris Motorsport restarts from Hockenheim
- Mazola, Roush Fenway, Rescue Ranch Partner for Fall Events