John Wes Townley & Wauters Motorsports to Take on the Monster Mile
John Wes Townley and the No. 5 Zaxby’s Wauters Motorsports team look to continue their solid start to the 2014 NASCAR Camping World Truck Series season at Dover International Speedway Friday May 30, 2014.
Townley has four NASCAR Nationwide Series starts and two NASCAR Camping World Truck Series starts on famed one-mile concrete racetrack. His best finish on the track nicknamed the ‘Monster Mile’ was in 2013 where he posted an 11th-place finish.
“Dover is a challenging little track; it’s called the Monster Mile for a reason,” John Wes Townley said. “The concrete track is high banked and is somewhere you really rely on your spotter to be looking ahead and help you avoid the accidents. Your driving style at Dover is a lot more aggressive compared to other tracks and it makes it fun racing for both the drivers and the fans. Hopefully, we’ll have a good start, keep track position and bring home another top finish. I know that Richie (Wauters) and all the guys on this team have been working hard to have the trucks ready for our back to back race streak. I’m going to do everything I can to get the best finish possible.”
Team owner Richie Wauters, in his tenure as a crew chief, has two wins with Kyle Busch and Aric Almirola in seven starts on the Dover, Delaware short track.
Wauters Motorsports PR
Latest from Steven B. Wilson
- Macon IL Speedway Set For Twin 50's On Memorial Day Monday
- SS Green Light Racing Excels on Home Turf
- Speedway Motorsports, Inc. Introduces Welcome Home Patriots Initiative
- Fans Can Win a Destiny S.M.A.R.T Series Home, 2019 Chevrolet Silverado & $10,000 if Brett Moffitt Wins NASCAR’s “Triple Truck Challenge”
- Strunk and Mohr Win NASCAR Features at Grandview Speedway Saturday Night