Early Exit for Brian Ickler and the No. 7 Bullet Liner Team at Kansas Speedway
Brian Ickler and the No. 7 Bullet Liner Toyota Tundra team were very optimistic when they took the green flag for the SFP 250 at Kansas Speedway on Friday night. The black and white machine had been fast in both practice sessions on Thursday afternoon, and secured the fourth starting position in the NASCAR Camping World Truck Series' first effort of the new elimination style qualifying format. As the sun set over the 1.5-mile speedway, the field took the green flag for the first Camping World Truck Series race under the lights of the Kansas City race track. In the early laps Ickler reported a loose-handling condition on the Bullet Liner machine, and fought to maintain control. Following the lap-seven restart after the night's first caution period, the California native worked to maintain control of the truck and remain in the top 10. On lap eight, the No. 7 Toyota Tundra suddenly snapped loose and made hard contact with the outside retaining wall of turn four. After assessing the damage, the Bullet Liner team determined that it was too extensive to return to the race track. Ickler was scored with a 27th-place finish in the third event on the 2014 Camping Truck Series schedule.
Start - 4
Finish - 27
Driver Points Position - 18
Laps Led - 0
Brian Ickler Quote:
"We had a great Bullet Liner Toyota Tundra here [at Kansas Speedway] this weekend. It was just hard, three-wide racing early in the race. I got up too high on the track and it just got loose. Not a good night for us. I just want to thank all these guys on the No. 7 Bullet Liner team and everyone back at the shop. They built a great truck."
Latest from Speedway Digest Staff
- NBC Sports NASCAR Hot Pass presents hyper-focused simulcast coverage over 2019 Championship Four contenders on NBCSN
- Cole Custer and No. 00 Haas Automation Team Vie for 2019 NASCAR Xfinity Series Championship
- Kevin Harvick and No. 4 Busch Light Team Vie for 2019 Monster Energy NASCAR Cup Series Championship
- SS Green Light Racing Continues to Impress with Top-15 Runs in Phoenix
- Special Edition Championship 4 News & Notes - NASCAR Xfinity Series & NASCAR Gander Outdoors Truck Series