Three NASCAR Camping World Truck Series Teams Penalized For Rules Infractions At Martinsville
Three teams that compete in the NASCAR Camping World Truck Series have been penalized for rules violations discovered during post-race inspection last Sunday (March 30) at Martinsville Speedway.
All three teams – the No. 31, No. 54, and No. 98 – have been assessed a P3 level penalty for violating Section 20B-12.5 (D) (offset front hubs found in post-race inspection) of the 2014 NASCAR rule book. As a result, each team’s crew chief – Michael Shelton (No. 31); Jerry Baxter (No. 54); and Gene Wachtel (No. 98) – have been fined $10,000 and placed on NASCAR probation until Dec. 31.
Latest from Speedway Digest Staff
- Thorsport Racing to celebrate its silver anniversary at Daytona International Speedway
- INDYCAR stars set for Rolex 24
- Richmond Raceway Expands 2020 Track Laps for Charity Schedule
- Roush Fenway Racing Names Castrol® as Team’s Official Oil Partner
- Reigning ACM Festival of the Year Faster Horses enlists Jason Aldean, Luke Combs, Thomas Rhett and many more for eighth-year festivities