Camping World Truck Series to walk at Pocono for Breast Cancer!
The summer heat may be a few months away -- but NASCAR driver Kyle Martel is already making plans to burn up the Pocono Raceway with tires --- and sneakers.
Bill Martel Racing, (BMR) Lebanon, Pa., is hosting “Go Pink @ Pocono 3,” a benefit track walk for the Pennsylvania Breast Cancer Coalition (PBCC) to be held on Saturday, August 2nd following the NASCAR Camping World Truck Series (NCWTS) “Pocono Mountains 150,” which is scheduled to start at 1:00 p.m. Kyle will drive the #59 Chevrolet Silverado during the race, then lead the post-race walk.
“Walking with three-hundred fans last year was so much fun, I’m confident we can double it this year. It’s also a great opportunity for fans to walk for a great cause and take pictures on a NASCAR track – for which we thank Pocono and NASCAR.” Commented driver Kyle Martel.
Registration for “Go Pink @ Pocono 3” will take place at the BMR Tent located under the main grandstand (Start/Finish Line) on August 1st from Noon until 3:30 p.m. and August 2nd from 8:00 a.m. until race conclusion. The cost to walk is a $10.00 donation, $5.00 (12 & under) A $20.00 donation includes a commemorative Go Pink Tee Shirt -- while supplies last.
“This year we are offering a limited edition (1-225) Pink Ribbon Race Decal for a $25.00 donation – which will be customized and affixed to our NASCAR truck by Kyle Martel. A pink ribbon that goes 200-mph is a great way to honor a breast cancer survivor or loved one on race day,” commented Rob Ziemba, Team Public Relations.
Bill Martel Racing PR
Latest from Speedway Digest Staff
- NASCAR garages opening to infield campers at AMS in 2020
- Speedway Christmas Presented by Cook Out Features Opening Night Discounts
- GMS Racing Completes Gander Truck Series Full-Time Line-Up with the Addition of Zane Smith
- Sonoma Chapter of SCC Distributes $378,000 to Sonoma County Youth Groups
- Kyle Busch Collects Second MENCS Title During Ford Championship Weekend; Homestead-Miami Speedway Turns Toward 25th Anniversary in 2020