Dollar General to Sponsor Four Races on No. 51 Tundra in the NASCAR Camping World Truck Series
Kyle Busch Motorsports (KBM) announced today Dollar General, the nation's largest small-box discount retailer, will be the primary sponsor of the No. 51 Tundra in the NASCAR Camping World Truck Series for four races in 2014. Owner-driver Kyle Busch will be behind the wheel for three of the events with Erik Jones driving the fourth. Dollar General will sponsor the No. 51 Toyota Tundra in the following races:
- June 26 at Kentucky Speedway in Sparta with Kyle Busch
- Aug. 20 at Bristol (Tenn.) Motor Speedway with Kyle Busch
- Sept. 12 at Chicagoland Speedway in Joliet, Ill. with Kyle Busch
- Nov. 7 at Phoenix (Ariz.) International Raceway with Erik Jones
The reigning Truck Series Owner's champions are also the defending race winners in three of the four races on the Goodlettsville-Tenn.-based company's schedule this season. Busch drove the Dollar General Tundra to victory in last year's race at Chicagoland in September and also won the Bristol race in August. Jones became the youngest winner in Truck Series history last November at Phoenix when he led a race-high 84 laps en route to victory at age 17 years, five months and nine days.
Busch ranks second in Truck Series history with 36 victories, including the 2014 season opener at Daytona (Fla.) International Speedway, and has finished first or second in 50 percent of his 116 career starts. Jones, who debuted in the Truck Series last March, has finished inside the top 10 in all five of his career starts, including the historic win at Phoenix and a runner-up finish at Iowa Speedway in Newton last July.
Since 2010, KBM has compiled six wins including the team's historic first victory at Nashville (Tenn.) Superspeedway in April 2010 and 15 top-five finishes across 28 races with Dollar General as the primary sponsor. Busch has scored five wins and 12 top-five finishes across 15 starts in the yellow Tundra.
Latest from Steven B. Wilson
- Retaining Walls Being Rebuilt, Backfilling Complete for Talladega Superspeedway’s New Turn 3 Oversized Vehicle Tunnel
- Richard Childress Racing and Red Robin Partner to Celebrate 50 Years
- NASCAR Penalty Report
- Post-Event Penalty Report - Auto Club Speedway
- Grassroots Racers To Share Spotlight At Richmond's PASS Commonwealth Classic