John Wes Townley joins Wauters Motorsports in 2014
Wauters Motorsports announced today that John Wes Townley will drive the No. 5 Zaxby’s Toyota Tundra in the 2014 NASCAR Camping World Truck Series.
“We are excited to have John Wes and Zaxby’s join us in 2014,” team owner Richie Wauters said. “He has made significant gains in his NASCAR career and we feel this is the right fit for him this season. We expect to have John Wes in the top-five in points and, hopefully, bring home some wins for Zaxby’s. And we are thrilled to be back fielding Toyotas with Joe Gibbs Racing Engines.”
“I’m looking forward to working with a well-respected truck owner like Richie Wauters,” John Wes Townley said. “He builds some of the best trucks in NASCAR. I know together we will post some top-fives and, hopefully, a few wins this season.”
The NASCAR Camping World Truck Series season opener is slated for Friday, February 21, 2014 at Daytona International Speedway – with pre season testing on the 2.5 mile superspeedway Monday, January 13, and Tuesday, January 14, 2014.
Wauters Motorsports PR
Latest from Speedway Digest Staff
- Lucas Oil Chili Bowl Nationals Early Entry Deadline Approaching Fast
- South Carolina NASCAR Fan Joe Vaughn, Project HOPE Foundation Win The NASCAR Foundation’s 9th Annual Betty Jane France Humanitarian Award
- Darrell Waltrip Named 2019 NMPA Myers Brothers Recipient
- Chase Elliott Wins 2019 NMPA Most Popular Driver Award presented by Hooters
- NBC Sports to present 59 hours of IMSA Weathertech Sportscar Championship in 2020