Erik Jones "Awake at the Wheel" For Phoenix
Erik Jones will be "Awake at the Wheel" sporting a new campaign for Wake UP Narcolepsy (WUN) when he takes the green flag Fridaynight for the Lucas Oil 150 at Phoenix (Ariz.) International Raceway (PIR). Making his fifth and final appearance for Kyle Busch Motorsports (KBM) behind the wheel of the No. 51 Tundra for the 2013 NASCAR Camping World Truck Series (NCWTS) season, Jones will be giving WUN - a leading nonprofit dedicated to speeding narcolepsy diagnosis through greater awareness and funding research for a cure - their first appearance onboard a Truck Series entry.
Although the dream of clinching the 2013 Truck Series owner's championship may now be lost for the No.51 team, Jones has the chance to put a KBM Tundra into victory lane for the third year in a row at PIR. If the 17-year-old were to follow suit of Brian Scott's 2012 victory and owner-driver, Kyle Busch's from 2011, he would complete the trifecta as well as become the youngest driver to win a NCWTS event. So far the Byron, Michigan native has yet to
Since Jones' last appearance in the NCWTS in September at Iowa Speedway in Newton, he has been driving KBM's No. 51 Super Late Model - bringing home a victory during their first event together, the 42nd Annual Winchester 400 at Winchester (Ind.) Speedway. Jones now joins boss, Kyle Busch, and only four other drivers who have been able to win the most prestigious Super late Model events in the country, the Winchester 400 and Snowball Derby.
Latest from Steven B. Wilson
- Full Speed Ahead Michael Self, Sinclair Oil Make Bid for Third Victory of Season at Talladega
- Michael Self Hunting ARCA Menards Series Hat Trick at Talladega
- Clint Bowyer Talladega: A Fitting Weekend for Vehicle Repair Coverage
- Pit Stop of a Different Kind: International Motorsports Hall of Fame Outside Talladega Superspeedway a Must Visit This Week
- Starting Times Announced For Eldora Season Opener